Boeing Vancouver houses an eclectic group of passionate data scientists who help customers by making sense out of big, complex systems in the world of aviation. We combine deep scientific thinking, mathematical prowess and analytics technology with creativity and detective work to uncover rare insights hidden within the data. We harness practical knowledge of engineering, business, and aviation to build customer solutions. Together, we deliver the power of understanding to change the world above and on the ground.
We are looking for skilled, inquisitive analysts to bring the fast-growing, ever-evolving power of data science to aviation and aerospace. As a Boeing data scientist, you will have to combine the skills of a developer and a detective, drawing on a wide palette of mathematics, statistics, machine learning, and programming techniques to unravel mysteries too subtle for the naked eye. You will get to work closely with our customers, building their trust, studying their problems and business needs, and you will blend artistry with science to visualize and explain your findings and stories. We want you to invent new ways of doing things, and to contribute your own specialties to problem-solving teams of diverse backgrounds. We want you to help us craft and launch leading-edge operational solutions around the world.Above all, we are seeking someone who will value and champion our culture of learning, trust, and relentless collaborative energy. We love breathing new science into the industry, and we love sharing the journey. We believe that thirst for knowledge and having fun go hand-in-hand. Does this sound like you? Come build Vancouver’s local data science community with us and make a global impact.
We Want To Hear From You If
- You are a technical jack-of-all-trades and master of one – uncommonly familiar with a wide array of data analytic techniques, applications, and programming languages; you know the methods, their strengths and weaknesses, and how to use the right tool for the job. But more than that, you possess uncommon or exceptional proficiency in at least one technical specialty (e.g. programming languages, statistical techniques, machine-learning analytics, web development, etc.)
- You are a business thinker – project-minded, down-to-earth and strategic. You focus on customers, their viewpoints and real-world priorities. You balance pragmatic choices, and you appreciate the robust elegance in the path of least resistance to a solution. And you stay always on the lookout for new problems and new possibilities for growth.
- You love learning – You don’t rest on your laurels, and you enjoy honing your mind. You have diverse interests; you have fun learning new ideas, growing your skills and sharing the experience with others.
- You communicate and collaborate effectively– you know how to collaborate in diverse teams both large and small. You can switch confidently between following and leading as circumstances dictate. You are respectful, honest, and you strive to understand as much as to be understood.
We look for
- Confident communicators
- Critical-thinking skills
- Project management knowledge
- Domain knowledge in the aviation & aerospace industry is an asset
- Expertise or specializations in three or more of the following areas:
- Statistics & Data Mining
- Forecasting & Time-series Analysis
- Signal Analysis
- Machine-learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Large-scale data analysis technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Pig, Hive)
- Simulation, Numerical Modeling
- Mathematical Optimization
- Visualization Techniques & Technology (e.g. Tableau, D3.js)
- Databases & Data Management (e.g., SQL, NoSQL )
- Programming (e.g., Java, Python, R)
- Front-End Web Development & UX Design
- Back-End Web Development